In year one of this comprehensive herbal study program, basic materia medica and formulas will be covered, with emphasis on real life clinical case approach and patient centered perspective. Single herbs and formulas are taught together in a new integrated system that moves emphasis from memorization and theory to clinical application with attention to deepening diagnostic skills and pattern discrimination. Enrollment is limited and class size will be small in order to encourage class discussion, questions, and a mentorship style education.
This course is appropriate for acupuncturists wanting to incorporate herbal medicine into their practices, for herbalists who seek to deepen their understanding and clinical herbal skills, and new graduates wanting to study Chinese herbal medicine.
Course Dates / Times:
Year One: September 2018 – July 2019
12 weekends: Saturdays 9:00 am – 5:30 pm
Sundays 9:00 am – 4:30 pm
195 contact hours / 195 NCCAOM PDA points pending
Year One: $3,900.00 (payment in installments is available)
Cindy Micleu MTCM, LAc.
This course is open to licensed practitioners.
3rd year students will be considered (please contact Cindy to discuss).
Registration or for more information:
Please go to our website at www.jadeinstitute.com
or call Cindy Micleu @ 206-409-6157
- In depth study of Chinese materia medica and formulas
- Effective herb combinations and formula design
- Emphasis on diagnostic skills and real clinical case application of herbal knowledge
- Understand how to work with herbs in conjunction with Western treatment approaches
- Password protected student website with class notes, extra reference materials, study guide, and audio recordings of all classes for review at any time
Please refer to the Jade Institute website
for more information about classes
or call Cindy Micleu at 206-781-2253